Saturday, July 27, 2013

Real Life Action Research Week 2: Reflection



      This week I took a deeper look at action research project/inquiry.  I needed to identify a problem or “wondering” that was specific to my campus but would also increase student performance.  In the interviews that I watched I remember Dr. Chargois stating that “action research is a study using technology to gather share and act upon relevant and timely information which will positively affect student achievement” (Chargois 2013).  I chose to examine the impact of small group instruction on academic achievement.  I will target 5th grade math students who are below grade level.  I also realized that my topic fell under more than one of the nine administrator passions.  My action research topic could be classified under Curriculum Development, Individual Teacher or Individual Student.  I added a specific target area therefore I believe my topic fits best under Individual Student.  I believe that all stakeholders will benefit from this study because it will provide data that gives educators a clear directions in which instructional practice can be used to increase student achievement.

Chargois, T. (Interviewee). (2013, July 22). Interview 2, Dr. Timothy Chargois. [Embedded Video] Retrieved from https://www.luonline.blackboard.com/

1 comment:

  1. I am extremely interested in your research. I can't wait to see what the terms and guidelines of the action research plan are.

    ReplyDelete